Secure Identity & Access Management System (SIAMS)
SIAMS is the online system used by Alberta Advanced Education to ensure the security and privacy of your information. When applying online, you are taken to the SIAMS landing page to create a personal secure access account. Once the account is created, you are returned to the My Tradesecrets landing page to start the application process.
Choose a Trade
Choose the trade that you are applying for certification with in this application. The Alberta trade should be the trade that your credential is recognized as being equivalent to. Click to determine if your credential is recognized.
Enter the name of your recognized credential as it appears on the certificate or wallet card. Enter your name as it appears on the credential, the credential number if there is one, and the expiry date, if applicable. From the drop box, select the name of the authority that issued your certificate.
Upload onto the system a clear picture or a scanned copy of your trade credential. If your credential is from the Canadian Department of National Defence (DND) you must provide a document that clearly shows your military identification number.
Applying as a Temporary Foreign Worker?
When completing this section of the application, if you are not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, you are applying as a temporary foreign worker. As a temporary foreign worker, you are asked to provide your date of arrival in Alberta. If you have not yet arrived in Alberta, type in 2099/01/01. By providing a future date, AIT will know that you have not yet arrived.
Recruiter or Immigration Service Provider
If you are using a recruiter to apply for the program, you are asked to provide the name of the company you are using. If the name does not appear on the drop down list, email TFWInfo@gov.ab.ca to have the company added to the list.
The name and address you write on your application is the name and address we will use on all correspondence with you. This is also the name that will appear on your trade certificate. If you are applying as a temporary foreign worker, it is important this name be the same as it appears on your passport.
If you are an Aboriginal person, you have the option to identify your status.
If you have a medical condition (physical, communicational or cognitive/intellectual), you may be eligible for additional services to help you challenge the exams. For more information contact Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training.
Exam Readers and Translators
If the language you speak, read and write the best in is not English, you may be eligible to have a translator present for your exams. If you wish to use a translator, check the appropriate box.
It is your responsibility to arrange and pay for a translator who meets the requirements and standards set by Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training. For more information see Translation of Documents and Exams or contact Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training.
Declaration, Agreement and Consent
Read this section of the application form carefully as you are confirming, acknowledging and agreeing that:
- the information you have provided in the application and in any documents attached to the application are true and complete,
- you will notify AIT if any information you provide on your changes,
- you will notify AIT within seven days of changes to your employment situation in Alberta,
- if you are a temporary foreign worker, you will provide us with your Alberta mailing address and Alberta employer within seven days of arriving in Alberta,
- if you make false or misleading statements on your application you could be denied a Qualification Certificate or have a certificate that was already granted to you cancelled or suspended,
- you are giving AIT permission to verify and/or disclose the personal information on your application form to your current and past employers, and educational institutions you have listed on your application, and
- AIT may disclose any of the information you provided on your application, the results of any exams you take in the program, the status of your application and your eligibility to work in the trade with governments, boards, agencies and credentialing bodies to verify the information you provided, determine your eligibility to participate in this program and your eligibility to enter or remain in Canada and work in the trade.
If you do not check that you agree, you will be unable to proceed with submitting your application.
The non-refundable application fee is $60.00 CAN. You are asked for your method of payment. You may pay on-line with a credit card or submit your application and make a payment (credit or debit card only) at one of our Apprenticeship and Industry Training offices.