Top Instructor Award
Instructors of apprenticeship classes at Alberta technical training institutions impact the success of individual apprentices.
The Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board’s Top Instructor Awards provide formal recognition of exceptional instructors. Two awards are presented annually – for the north and south regions of Alberta.
The deadline to submit a Top Instructor Nomination forms has passed. Watch this space for the next round of nomination forms coming soon.
Alberta apprentices attending a college or technical institute may nominate an instructor who taught apprenticeship technical training funded by Alberta Advanced Education. This includes instructors teaching theory, shop, or a combination of both.
A nominee for a Top Instructor Award:
- performs beyond the requirements of the average instructor;
- has excellent presentation skills; and
- is fair, friendly and firm.
Top Instructor Awards are presented at the annual Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board Awards.
Past Recipients – Top Instructor Awards:
- Norm Driver - Electrician Program, Grande Prairie Regional College
- Donna Robbins - Hairstylist Program, Delmar College
- Kendall Solbak - Electrician Program, NAIT
- Kevin Soley - Welder Program, Red Deer College
- Craig Rode - Parts Technician Program, Grande Prairie Regional College
- Rysen Jordan - Electrician Program, SAIT
- Dan Bassett - Instrument Technician Program, NAIT
- Dan Weinert - Carpentry Program, SAIT
- George Chizewski - Millwright Instructor, NAIT
- Mick McGowan - Cabinetmaker Instructor, SAIT