The Apprentice Profile is the first phase of MyTradesecrets and will provide online, self-service functionality for clients with the ability to view marks, and update contact information 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
Who is eligible to access MyTradesecrets – Apprentice Profile?
MyTradesecrets- Apprentice Profile provides online access to clients with approved, active files for the following application types:
- Alberta Apprentice Application and Contract
- Canadian Apprentice Application and Contract
- International Apprentice Application and Contract
- Interprovincial (Red Seal) Examination Application-Alberta Certified
- Achievement in Business Competencies Program – Blue Seal Application
- Application for a Training Program in a Designated Occupation
- Occupational Certificate - Credentials Application
- Equivalency Application
- Prior Learning Assessment Application
- Qualification Certificate - Recognized Credential
- Qualification Certificate - Work Experience Application
What will clients be able to see and do on Apprentice Profile?
MyTradesecrets- Apprentice Profile allows 24 hour access where internet service is provided for clients to access and actively manage their program information, including:
On the initial launch clients will only see information related to their currently active application. No historical information will be available. However after the initial launch and as applications are completed or cancelled, that information will remain available to the client on MyTradescrets.
How will clients access their MyTradesecrets Apprentice Profile?
To access their MTS profile, clients must provide:
- their AIT ID number and EITHER
- a phone number or a postal code known to AIT,
- or, if they are from outside of Canada, their country of residence.
What is an AIT Identifier (AIT ID)?
Clients can find their AIT ID (sometimes referred to as an "AIT Number" or "Apprenticeship ID") on their apprenticeship card, record book, or any correspondence received from Apprenticeship. If they just submitted an online application, the AIT ID will be in the confirmation email they receive. Or, if applicable, it is also on the journeyperson card.
The AIT ID will usually be a 6 or 7 digit number and may be found in the following format: 123/123456. The AIT ID is the number following the 'slash' i.e. 123456.
If clients cannot find their AIT ID on any of these documents, they must call AIT. The toll-free number is 1-800-248-4823, while contact information for the apprenticeship offices can be found here: Contact Us page.
Will employers have access to MyTradesecrets – Apprentice Profile?
Employers will have no access to MyTradesecrets – Apprentice Profile. Other phases of MyTradesecrets will allow for employer access.
Will staff be able to see client information displayed on the MyTradesecrets - Apprentice Profile screens?
Staff will be able to access clients' MyTradesecrets screens using a link within ATOMS. The link is located in the menu bar on the Application and Individual screens on the Personnal tab. Once a client is in context on the ATOMS screen staff just need to click the MyTradesecrets link to open that client’s information on MyTradesecrets. Staff will have view-only access to all screens.
Who do you contact about MyTradesecrets issues?
MyTradesecrets support contact information can be found on our MyTradesecrets Technical Support page.