Questions about your apprenticeship records are best directed to one of the Apprenticeship and Industry Training Offices listed below.
Not sure where your closest AIT Office is?
Select an Office
Toll Free in North America:
Outside North America:
3021 Dunmore Road SE
Medicine Hat, ABT1B 2H2
427-9999 in Edmonton. In other locations call 1-800-232-7215.
AIT Client Services
- Information and advice on all apprenticeship and certification programs
- Resolution of disputes between employers and apprentices
- Financial assistance programs for registered apprentices
- Specific services for special needs clients
- Qualification application assessment services
- Operation of a notice board where employers can post job opportunities
- Registration of apprenticeship contracts and the maintenance of record books
- Registration of qualification and equivalency applications
- Invigilation of apprenticeship industry examinations
- Record management of employer and apprentices through regular shop visits
- Enforcement of the Act and all regulations and orders related to apprenticeship training, trade certification and working in the trades in the Province of Alberta
- Participates in the appeal process as outlined in the Act
- Recruitment of members from industry to serve on Provincial Apprenticeship Committees (PACs), Local Apprenticeship Committees (LACs), and Occupational Committees (OCs)
- Serve as secretaries to the LACs