Applying for AIT Programs and Services Online
MyTradesecrets (MTS) allows new applicants and existing clients to apply for AIT programs and services using online applications. Not only does the online process enable individuals to complete their applications electronically, it provides a step-by-step guide through the application process including drop-down lists and mandatory information prompts. Only applications with all required information can be submitted.
Step 1 – The first time you apply online you must create a SIAMS Account
You must create a SIAMS account if you do not already have one. This requires you to accept the Terms and Conditions, create a user profile and create an account. This account is required when you access MTS in the future.
If you applied to your school through ApplyAlberta, you already have a SIAMS account. Use the same Username and Password to access MTS.
Step 2 – Verify your Identity
To apply for services you must provide personal information so AIT can verify your identity before you can apply. You also require an Alberta Student Number (ASN).
- Your ASN can be found on your Alberta high school transcript.
- If you do not have an ASN, you must obtain one from the Learner Registry or request one when creating your SIAMS account.
Step 3 – Complete the Application
- Follow the step-by-step application process to ensure you are using the right application for the right AIT program or service. The guide includes drop-down lists and mandatory information prompts.
- Complete all required information in the online application.
- For apprenticeship applications, ensure your employer has given you the email address of someone at work who has the authority to agree to enter into an apprenticeship contract. An email request is sent to your employer to complete that portion of the application.
- Make your payment online or indicate that you’ll be paying in person at an AIT office. Click here for information on payment options.
How to Apply for AIT Programs and Services
Access MyTradesecrets (MTS):
- If you are a first time user follow Steps 1-3 above.
- If you are a returning user, go directly to Step 3 above.