The Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Board provides more than 900 scholarships to apprentices and occupational trainees every year.
To apply and get more information, click on one of the scholarships below:
- Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP)/Career and Technology Studies (CTS) Scholarships
These scholarships recognize the accomplishments of Alberta high school students participating in RAP and CTS, and encourage them to continue their apprenticeship training after completing high school. 500 RAP/CTS Scholarships of $1,000 each are available annually.
- Pre-Apprentice Scholarships
Pre-Apprentice Scholarships encourage those completing pre-apprenticeship training programs to continue in the trades and complete their apprenticeship training. There are 11 annual scholarships of $1,000 each.
- Apprentice and Occupational Trainee Scholarships
These scholarships recognize the excellence of Alberta apprentices in a trade and trainees in a designated occupation, and encourage recipients to complete their apprenticeship or occupational training programs. More than 370 annual scholarships of $1,000 each are available.
- World Skills Legacy Scholarship
As a legacy to WorldSkills Calgary 2009, the Government of Alberta developed these scholarships to help Alberta students and apprentices participating in provincial, national and international skills competitions to further their post-secondary education and support their skills training. Three scholarships are awarded: two valued at $500 and one valued at $9,000 over a period of two years.
Supporting and Promotional Material
- Download one of the Apprenticeship and Industry Training Scholarship posters
- Download our Scholarship Information Booklet to learn more about the scholarships available or to find out about becoming a scholarship donor.